- Always pursue victory with honor.
- Demonstrate and demand scrupulous integrity.
- Observe and enforce the spirit and letter of rules.
- Don’t compromise education and character-development goals.
- Don’t engage in or tolerate dishonesty, cheating or dishonorable conduct.
- Treat the traditions of the sport and other participants with respect.
- Don’t engage in or tolerate disrespectful conduct, including verbal abuse of opponents and officials, profane or belligerent “trash talking,” and taunting or unseemly celebrations.
- Win with grace and lose with dignity.
- Be a positive role model on and off the field and require the same of your athletes.
- Further the mental, social and moral development of athletes and teach life skills that enhance personal success and social responsibility.
- Maintain competence including basic knowledge of:
- Character building.
- First aid and safety.
- Coaching principles, rules and strategies.
- Adhere to high standards of fair play.
- Treat players fairly according to their abilities.
- Never take unfair advantage.
- Be open-minded.
- Assure that the academic, emotional, physical and moral well-being of athletes is always placed above desires and pressures to win.
- Avoid gamesmanship and promote sportsmanship by honoring the rules and goals of the sport
- Establish codes of conduct for coaches, athletes, parents and spectators.
- Safeguard the health of athletes and the integrity of the sport by prohibiting the use of alcohol and tobacco.
- Demand compliance with all laws and regulations, including those relating to gambling and the use of drugs.
Questions regarding our Athletic Program at Shaffer can be sent to:
Ray Bailey- Athletic Director, Shaffer Elementary School